A correct photo:
- Is sharp and in focus
- Is taken straight on, with a clear view of the face and shoulders, squared to the camera
- Is in colour
- Is in jpeg format
- Has been taken within the last 12 months to ensure an up-to-date likeness
- Has your eyes open and clearly visible
- May have glasses worn, as long as the eyes are clearly visible and the glasses do not present a glare resulting from the camera flash
Photos will be rejected if:
- There is no contrast (e.g. white shirt on white background)
- It has been photoshopped
- Your face is not clearly visible or partially covered
These images are all in colour, have good resolution, the shoulders are square to camera, with a clear view of face and shoulders.
These images are all either low resolution, black and white, have no contrast (e.g. white clothing on a white background) the body is at an angle, or the face is partially obscured.