Your UBCcard serves as your official student identification (hint: what you’ll need to bring with you to exams). Once you have your UBCcard, you’ll also be eligible for lots of benefits!
The UBCcard acts as your library card, allowing you to borrow books and equipment from UBC libraries
Once you have a UBCcard, your student number located on the card enables you to obtain your U-Pass. The U-Pass provides unlimited bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain and Canada Line transit services within Metro Vancouver. Students should first obtain a Compass Card (they’re available on campus at the UBC Bookstore) and then link it to their U-Pass online at upassbc.translink.ca.
Any student with a valid UBCcard is eligible to receive perks from our Wesbrook Village partners! Simply display your UBCcard during purchase to receive the offer. Please note that students cannot pay for their purchases at Wesbrook Village with the UBCcard.
- BeirCraft: 15% discount on food
- Hot Box Yoga: Qualify for student rates at the Hot Box Yoga, as well as the UBC Staff and Faculty auto-renew program
- Jugo Juice: Receive a free regular Xtra-Benefits to any smoothy purchase.
- Mozart School of Music: No registration fee for UBC Students ($40 savings!)
- Vicki's Nail Studio: 10% discount on purchase.
Your UBCcard also works, very conveniently, like a debit card. Load it with money and you can use it to make purchases at the UBC Bookstore and at Food Services’ many locations across campus.