Applying For Your Student UBCcard online
Please ensure that you have the following before filling out your application online:
- Your CWL username and password
- Your 8-digit UBC student number
- A colour digital photo meeting UBCcard Program Specifications
This year, UBC will be offering both digital and physical versions of your UBCcard, and both are free
No matter where you’re located in the world, you can apply for your digital UBCcard.
After your application is processed (which takes around 3 business days), you’ll be able to access your digital UBCcard by logging into your UBCcard account—and you’ll need to show it in cases where you’re:
- Proving your identity for a course (e.g. when writing your exams)—as needed, your profs will provide specific instructions on how to do so
- Proving your identity when picking up physical materials from a UBC Library that are not available online
- Requesting discounts at particular campus food vendors (check if they’re open first!)
This year, you’re eligible to also receive a standard physical version of your UBCcard if:
- You will be living in residence, or
- You’re registered in in-person classes
Fulfilling either or both of these requirements will mean that you can get both the digital and the physical versions of your UBCcard, and they will concurrently be active for you. The online application for the physical UBCcard also opens Aug 4 (Tue) at 12:00 am PDT.
We care about the health and safety of our staff and the UBC Community and have developed a safe and quick pick up process! Once your card is ready, an email will be sent with instructions on how to pick up your card at our curbside pick up location.
To maintain integrity of the UBCcard and the security of UBCcard stakeholders, applicants who cannot provide the required identification documents listed above will not be issued UBCcards.